The Importance of Undercabinet Lighting
Everyone knows that having a well-organized kitchen is key to a happy home cook. But think about all the other rooms in your house. If you want them to feel as thoughtfully designed and well-lived as your kitchen, you need good lighting. Luckily, undercabinet lighting solutions are becoming more and more popular, as they can help take care of all sorts of needs in any room. From helping to declutter to adding a touch of elegance, read on for some top tips on how to use under cabinet lighting to your advantage.
What are the benefits of under cabinet lighting?
Under cabinet lighting is an excellent way to improve your overall kitchen and lighting. Not only will it increase the illumination in your kitchen, but it will also make finding what you are looking for much easier. In addition, under cabinet lighting can add a touch of class to your kitchen decor.
Top benefits of under cabinet lighting
- It’s Ideal for Increasing Illumination In Your Kitchen
One of the main benefits of undercabinet lighting is that it can increase the illumination in your kitchen. This is perfect if you have a dark kitchen or if you find yourself having to use a lighted magnifying glass to locate items. Undercabinet lighting also creates a more romantic atmosphere in your kitchen, making it perfect for special occasions like Valentine’s Day or a dinner date.
- It Makes Finding What You’re Looking for Much Easier
Under cabinet lighting is great for increasing visibility in your kitchen, but it’s even better for making locating specific items easier. Because the light is directed down below, you won’t have to fumble around in the dark trying to find what you’re looking for. In addition, under cabinet lights create an inviting and cozy atmosphere, perfect for when you need some extra help getting into the cooking mood.
- It Can Add a Touch of Class to Your Kitchen Decor
If you are looking to spruce up your kitchen with some new appliances or hardware but don’t have the money or time to do it yourself, undercabinet lighting is a great way to do it. Not only does it create an inviting atmosphere, but under cabinet lighting can also add some extra brightness and style to your kitchen decor.
- It’s Economical and Easy to Install
Under cabinet lighting is a great way to improve your kitchen without having to break the bank. Because installation is relatively easy, you can install it on your own in just a few hours. Because under cabinet lighting is powered by electricity rather than bulbs, it is environmentally friendly as well.
Types of under cabinet lighting
There is a variety of under cabinet lighting options on the market, each with its own set of benefits and drawbacks.
- Point-Source Lighting: Point-source lighting is the most common type of under cabinet lighting, and it is often considered to be the best option because it emits consistent light across the entire surface area. This type of lighting is good for kitchens that have a lot of counter space, as it provides even illumination across all areas.
- Desk Light: Desk lights are small lamps that are placed on or near kitchen work surfaces to provide supplemental light. They are best suited for kitchens with limited counter space, as they don’t take up much room and can be easily hidden behind appliances.
- Recessed Lighting: Recessed lighting is a popular option for kitchens with more counter space, as it creates an indirect light source that casts a flattering shadow on food. This type of lighting is good for larger kitchens because it does not require as much energy to operate as point-source or desk lights.
- Track Lighting: Track lights are fixtures that hang from the ceiling and can be moved along the length of a kitchen wall or around obstructions like cabinets or islands. They are perfect for large kitchens that have a lot of open counter space, as they can be arranged to create a variety of light patterns.
Tips for keeping your undercabinet lighting clean and organized
When it comes to under cabinet lighting, keeping your space clean and organized is key. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Keep cords tucked away: Under cabinet lighting can be a great addition to your kitchen, but if the cords are hanging out, they can be a headache to deal with. Keep the Tuck cords away neatly so they are not in the way and you’ll have less of a mess to clean up.
- Use cord organizers: If keeping cords tucked away is not an option, then using cord organizers is another great way to keep your space clean and organized. These organizers keep cords neat and tidy so you will not have to search for them every time you need to use them.
- Get creative: If you don’t want to use any kind of organizer or if cords keep getting in the way, there are other ways to keep your undercabinet lighting tidy. One option is to place small clips along the edge of the light sockets.
If you are looking for ways to improve the flow of your kitchen, under cabinet lighting is a great place to start. By installing some simple light fixtures, you can help keep your counters cleaner and more uncluttered, as well as make it easier to find what you’re looking for. In addition to improving kitchen organization, under cabinet lighting can also create a beautiful focal point in your room. So, if you are struggling with finding the right lighting solutions for your kitchen, give these ideas a try!